The Snake

Marlena left August.

He begged her to stay, but she walked away. She is staying at a hotel in town until she can find a safe place on the train.

Uncle Al called me in to see him. He said Marlena and August have to get back together for the good of the show. He's one of those, "The show must go on!" people. I tried to trick him into believing that if Marlena is given space away from August, she'll want him back. But I know the truth. Uncle Al suggested that I convince Marlena of her need for August while he tries to get August to give her space. I refused and began to walk away. I stopped dead in my tracks when he asked about Camel. He knows. I should have guessed he knew. Although I want to protect Marlena, I must protect Camel too. But, she is strong; Marlena can manage on her own for awhile.

No comments: