Rosie's First Appearance

Uncle Al wanted Rosie in the show. She still doesn't do anything we ask her to, but Uncle Al insists. Marlena rode in on top of her with August beside, poking the bull hook at her. The crowd loves Rosie. For no apparent reason, Rosie took off running!! Marlena had to jump to escape death. But the quick landing caused her great pain in her feet. She has trouble walking.

Rosie ran off. I was sent to find her. She was in some woman's garden eating a purple cabbage. We got her back to the menagerie with the help of alcohol.

August is furious. He storms out of Marlena's tent with his bull hook in hand. He's going to hurt her!!!

"I hate him. I hate him for being so brutal. I hate that I'm beholden to him. I hate that I'm in love with his wife and something damned close to that with the elephant. And most of all, I hate that I've let them both down."

No comments: