Car 48

Car 48. The dwelling of August and Marlena Rosenbluth.

Early today, we stopped to feed the animals before our arrival at Joliet. The meat was old and rotten; the water was filled with animal hair and crap. When I told August that we could not feed this stuff to the animals, he brought me over to Rex, the lion. Rex lunged at me and grabbed onto me arm. I was afraid I was going to die!! But the lion has no teeth.

August felt bad about what he did to me, so he invited me to his car for cocktails and a late dinner. I was given a nice suit to wear while I was there.

After dinner, drinks and dancing, August passed out. Marlena confessed to me that August has his moments, but he is actually a kind soul. She says it is best that everyone pretends August's "little moments" do not occur. "The whole thing's illusion."

No comments: